The Great 2009 Forty Questions Meme Thingee
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? Live past the year 2008.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I made none, and I kept all of them. Same thing for 2010.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No. Or, do you mean physically? I do only live a few blocks from a hospital.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, far too many.
5. What countries did you visit? None but my own (The Mundtstralian Republic of Esquiredom).
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Good health.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? I'll never forget December 16th...because it only comes once a year, naturally.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Surviving it.
9. What was your biggest failure of the year? Merely surviving it.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Well, "suffer" may be too strong a word. "Experience," maybe?
11. What was the best thing you bought? Hmm. Nothing comes to mind. Probably something for The WOMP Staff.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Kool & The Gang?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Besides my own? I'm going with The Birthers.
14. Where did most of your money go? Out the window (in the form of bill payments).
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Uh, the next episode of Glee?
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? That Taylor Swift "you belong to me-he-ee" song. Ugh.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you...
a) happier or sadder? Well, sadder, I suppose.
b) thinner or fatter? Oh, much fatter, of course.
c) richer or poorer? About the same; perpetually five bucks above flat broke.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Anything worth doing.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Spider Solitaire.
20. How will you be spending Christmas? That's, like, nearly a full year away, man. I have no idea what I'll be doing by then (but I'm going to guess "Christmas stuff").
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Everytime I saw my wife (corny, but still true!).
22. How many one-night stands? Well, we have one-night stand on my side of the bed, and one-night stand on my wife's, so two, I guess.
23. What was your favorite TV program? Four-way tie; Glee/Modern Family/Community/30 Rock. Tie-breaker; Late Show with David Letterman.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't really hate anybody, if I can help it...but Glenn Beck has moved dangerously close to the edge of my tolerance level.
25. What was the best book you read? The Kane's on Fire! by Mary Ann Stemper.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? None for 2009, I guess (unless I can somehow mention Glee again).
27. What did you want and get? Better.
28. What did you want and not get? New eyeglasses...oh, and the sudden fulfilment of my wildest dreams.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? I didn't see any "first-run" films in 2009.
30. What did you do on your birthday? Nothing other than remember that I'm aging.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Skipping it.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Sort of "Fat Slob" meets "Unkempt Dork"...with just a dash of "What The Hell Is He Wearing On His Head?" thrown in for fun. You know; the usual.
33. What kept you sane? It costs too much to go nuts.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hmm. None really made me run from another room to see them on TV, or prompted me to buy a magzine with her picture on the cover, but I did have a bit of a "thing" for Zooey Deschanel. And I'm not sure that even rises to the level of "fancy" anyway.
35. What political issue stirred you the most? The Health Care debate, I suppose.
36. Who did you miss? Too many to list.
37. Who was the best new person you met? The best people I met were years removed from being "new." Most were at least past twenty.
38. What is a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009? Without your health, you have nothing (or, if you do have something, you certainly can't enjoy it).
39. What song lyric sums up your year? "Don't get around much anymore."
40. If your year were a movie, what title would it have? The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas, of course.