December 6 - Now that I think about it, not only did I remember several other strange Christmastime commissions, but I also realized that just about every art job I've ever had has been strange. In fact, I'm not even sure what a non-strange art project would be. Still, I've had so many very unusual artwork requests, that I now offer this list of...
Another Ten Strange Christmastime Art Commissions
10) Chicken riding a sub sandwich - drawn for a wings-and-subs restaurant in Texas.
9) Character study of obscure Teen Titan, Kole - drawn for O.F.O.WOMP Marcus Mebes (Marcus, where are you?).
8) A newly inducted member of the Cowgirl Hall of Fame, drawn on a glass ornament - that was hard to do!
7) Mural depicting an 1800's street party - done for our local museum.
6) Illustration of Humphrey Bogart, Burt Reynolds, and Drew Barrymore playing a fictional board game - for the front cover of an issue of Knucklebones magazine.
5) One-page guide to elves, gnomes, sprites, and other faerie-folk - drawn for now defunct Cave of The Elves.
4) Porpoise wearing Miami Vice inspired clothing - for some lame ad campaign of the late 1980's.
3) Sign showing boots being thrown into a box - for a Veterans' Administration work-shoe and boot charity drive.
2) Mark Twain swinging on a star - thanks to O.F.O.WOMP Brent Frankenhoff for reminding me about that one.
1) Logo for a local DJ, Brent Frankenhoff - speaking of Brent, did you know that he used to DJ for dances and wedding receptions and such? Yup. And he had me redesign his "Musical Madness" logo several Decembers ago.
Like I said, I'm not even sure what a "normal" commission is, but I am still pretty sure that I've not had many over the years. Here's your Just One More "Crusty Bunker" of The Day - Denys Cowan!